This is my first weekly report for my GSoC project - Anjuta Snippets Plugin. This report should have been published on Saturday, but due to various reasons, I had to delay it until today.
    First off, I made a brief explanation of my plugin which can be viewed here. Also, I made a github repository which can be viewed here.


     Now, for the things I been doing for these past weeks:
  • Made a few design decisions, after talking some things in detail with jhs, my mentor, and after receiving some feedback from the anjuta-devel-list. Still have to decide where exactly I will put the Snippet Editor, but that's not crucial at this point, as it will be done in a later phase. 
  • Tried to predict the things I will use in my implementation and document myself.
  • Made the infrastructure of the plugin. It's of course subject of changing, but not much :-).
  • Started to write some actual code. Defined the objects and methods I will use in this phase (snippet.h/c, snippets-db.h/c, snippets-xml-parser.h/c) so I have a solid starting point for my plugin. Took care of stuff like implementing the Preferences interface, which, of course, is far from being the final version (though I pretty much thought of what it will look like), but I tried to define as clear as possible how my code will be organized.


    Until my next weekly report I will try to:
  • Implement the XML parsing of the snippet packages and saving them in the internal format.
  • Implement the GtkTreeModel interface for the snippets database (the snippets themselves will be saved in that tree)
    After that is done (and after a few more lines of code), my plugin should have the needed functionality to replace the current Macro plugin (at least from other plugin's perspective, that make use of the current Macro plugin, if not for the user).

    Note: The current version on github will not compile since I changed the name of the IAnjutaMacro interface to IAnjutaSnippetsManager. I could have supplied a patch for that, but my plugin doesn't do anything interesting anyway at the moment. If anyone is actually interested in compiling it, ping me somehow (maybe leave a comment here), and I will make a patch with that.